- At Zoowun we are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and any visitors to our website.
- This policy applies when we are a data controller of the personal data of our customers and website visitors.
- Throughout this policy, “we”, “our” and “us” refers to Zoowun Limited, trading as Zoowun Books.
Who we are
- Zoowun South Africa (Pty) Limited, trading as Zoowun Books is a creator of personalized children’s e-books.
- Please contact Kirsty Thomson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or queries about the personal data we collect or its management.
- You can also contact us through our website at http://www.zoowun.com/Contact or at email@example.com.
What information do we collect?
- We collect the following categories of information at the point of purchase:
- The e-book purchaser’s name, e-mail address and country of residence;
- The recipient child’s first name and birth date.
- We use the child’s name to automatically create the personalized e-book;
- We use the purchaser’s e-mail address to deliver the personalized e-book to you;
- We use the child’s age to determine which follow-up e-mails we send you, with age appropriate content.
- Zoowun uses log files. Log files contain information including internet protocol (IP) addresses, the type of browser used to access the website, Internet Service provider (ISP), date and time stamps, the number if clicks and referring or exit pages. We use this data to study trends, administer the site and track visitors’ movements around the site. None of this information is personally identifiable and we use it to continue to improve our website and (hopefully) your user experience.
- Google Analytics is the source of our usage data gathered in this manner. We have identified “legitimate interests” as our basis for processing this data.
- We use the Facebook pixel to enable remarketing to you. We ask for your explicit consent in our cookie consent banner that opens as you land on our web page.
- We have completed a data processing agreements with Google Analytics and Mailchimp. Facebook does not provide individual agreements but has updated its policies and processes to comply.
- We use PayPal as our payment gateway and so have no access to credit card or other payment facilitation data.
How we use your personal data
- We do not share our data base of personal information with anyone else. Ever.
- We process data for the following purposes:
- To create the personalized e-book;
- To deliver the personalized e-book;
- To build and nurture our relationship with our customers through value-added e-mails;
- To provide information to improve our website experience for users;
- For marketing purposes.
- Our customers benefit from our data processing by receiving the personalized e-book that they purchased by e-mail in a pdf format. This means that they can retain the file on their device.
- Zoowun benefits from our data processing as:
- This is our means of delivering our product to our customers;
- We analyse website use data to try and improve our customer experience;
- We nurture our relationship with our customers through ongoing, value-added interactions; and
- We market to our customers directly.
- We do not collect personal data from third parties.
Our lawful basis for data processing
- We process personal data under the “legitimate interest” basis and require our customers to give us the bare minimum of personal details that we need to create our personalized e-books, deliver them and communicate marketing and value-added messages to them.
- We support our customer’s personal data rights by having a consent opt-in to receive marketing materials, include “unsubscribe” links on all e-mail correspondence and will remove any customer’s personal data from our database at their request.
- Our e-mail processor is Mailchimp, which has its own GDPR compliance policies and measures.
- We use lessannoyingcrm.com to control, process and manage our customer detail. It complies with GDPR principles.
When do we share personal data?
- We do not share our database information with any other parties.
Where do we store and process personal data?
- Our offices are situated in South Africa. Transfer of your data to South Africa will be protected through our internal controls. (You may request a copy of our corporate data rules and policies from firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Our website is hosted in South Africa. Transfers of your personal data to South Africa will be protected by our corporate safeguards. (You may request a copy of our corporate data rules and policies from email@example.com.)
- We train staff and contractors about their responsibilities to protect and correctly process personal data.
How long do we keep your data?
- We keep the data until the child’s eight birthday as our personalized e-books are for children from birth to seven years old.
- At this point your personal data will be deleted from all our files and databases.
Your rights in relation to personal data
- In terms of the Global Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), your key rights are:
- You have the right to access your personal information;
- You have the right to have your personal information corrected or deleted.
- You have the right to request that we erase your personal data from our database;
- You have the right to data portability;
- You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority.
Our use of profiling
- We profile those customers who consent to receiving marketing communications on the basis of the age of the child for whom the e-book was purchased. This allows us to provide you with fun and useful information that is appropriate for your child.
How do we secure personal data?
- The A2hosting server that hosts our www.zoowun.com website has made security provisions
- Mailchimp, which we use to process our customer relationship building and marketing e-mails, has adopted robust data protection policies.
- We use Lessannoyingcrm.com to maintain our customer database. It has adopted robust data protection policies.
- We believe that the other risks relate to the hardware that we use to manage our business and customer database and our staff with access to that information.
- Physical safety of computers/ laptops is a concern. We do not keep any customer personal data files stored on our hardware.
- We limit the number of individuals with access to our customer personal database and provide regular updates and training regarding our responsibilities in controlling and processing personal data.
Linking to other websites/ third party content
- We may from time to time link to third party content in our blogs. This does not constitute endorsement and we are not responsible for evaluating the truthfulness of that content.